Set within picturesque countryside and surrounded by the midlands cities, there is so much to see and do. Whether you’re looking for an action packed few days or a leisurely retreat, you’ll be spoilt for choice.
Activities and Family Attractions
There are numerous local attractions within easy reach. We’ve put together a fabulous guide book of local attraction and days out online so you can quickly see what’s close by and we’ve also listed a few below:
- Battlefield Bosworth – Approximately 15 minutes away is the Bosworth Battlefield Heritage Centre. Home to one of the most significant and influential battles in English history, here you will learn through interactive and hands-on displays how Richard III fought and lost his crown and how the Tudor dynasty started.
- Drayton Manor Theme Park – With over 100 exhilarating rides, Drayton Manor Theme Park is the ideal place to create fun family memories. If twists and turns aren’t for you, then why not explore the 15 acre zoo that’s home to a vast array of animals from all over the world?
- Twycross Zoo – Located on the Warwickshire/Leicestershire border and home to around 500 animals of 125 different specifies, Twycross Zoo is the perfect place if you are looking for an exciting day for all the family. Immerse yourself and explore the animal world with both indoor and outdoor enclosures.
Drayton Manor Theme Park
- Tamworth Castle – Step back in time and discover what life was like for the Saxons, Normans and Tudors at Tamworth Castle. With over 900 years of history, Tamworth Castle really is a journey through time and a great place for all the family.
- Conkers – Whatever the weather, Conkers woodland adventure is great fun with it’s barefoot walk, mini train ride, fabulous adventure playground, 100 indoor interactive exhibits, high and low ropes courses and 4D cinema.
- SnowDome – Whether it’s a fun packed day on the real snow, sliding and gliding about on the ice or relaxing in the seriously luxurious spa, the SnowDome in Tamworth is the ultimate snow, ice and leisure experience.
Walking & Cycling
Enjoy walking & cycling? There are miles footpaths paths locally to follow. Why not grab the bikes and helmets and go on a family cycling adventure? There are also miles of quiet country lanes with a wealth of cycle routes to provide enjoyable access. We are perfectly located if you’re looking to explore the beauty of the countryside by bicycle. Bikes are available to hire at Hicks Lodge and Birches Valley at Cannock Chase. Have a look at the guide book here for more ideas.
Get in touch
Got any questions? We’re here to help!
Our idyllic countryside location is located just 30 – 45 minutes from the cities of Birmingham, Leicester, and Coventry.